Podcast: Listen below or Download (33 min, 32mb)
With a history of challenging health issues including epilepsy as a child and multiple sclerosis, Mary Ellen Ciganovich has learned the importance of attitude to positively shift well-being. How you take your diagnosis and how you treat yourself even on your most difficult days both impact the way you move forward. Mary Ellen shares tips about living well with a chronic illness, becoming aware of your attitudes and those of the people around you, and a simple action plan to follow that will help you be healthier.
What Mary Ellen and I talk about
- Mary Ellen’s diagnosis with Multiple Sclerosis in 1986
- How she discovered what she needed to learn from her diagnosis
- The importance of how you take your diagnosis
- How to find strength within you
- What attitudinal awareness is and why it’s important
- How to increase your self-reflectiveness
- The impact of our attitudes on our health
- Finding fun and enthusiasm even in your darker moments
- Developing the calibration to know when to listen to your body and when to push yourself
- Mary Ellen’s action plan for changing your health
“When you have a disease in your life, you’re not at ease in your life. The disease, the diagnosis, is there not to hurt you, but for you to learn.”
“Know that you have the strength within you.”
About Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen Ciganovich is a speaker, educator, and writer on the topics of Attitudinal Awareness, Spirituality and how these affect your life situations. She was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 6 and Multiple Sclerosis at the age of 36. Mary Ellen has written a book of spiritual poetry entitled “Healing Words, Life Lessons to Inspire”that teaches the lessons people need to learn in order to have the life they deserve to live. The book is. Mary Ellen has written for a variety of websites and blogs, and heads an organization called R.E.A.L. Health – because she believes that when a person is Really Enthusiastic About Life they will generate good health and a peaceful life. Mary Ellen credits exercise, attitude, meditation and eating correctly with providing her balanced health.
Find Mary Ellen Online
Healing Words, by Mary Ellen CiganovichTransparency Tip: Links are Amazon affiliate links.
Did you like this episode?
If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the podcast through iTunes, and consider leaving a rating and review! Reviews and subscriptions help boost the standing of the podcast in iTunes, which helps others who might benefit from the information to find it and join the adventure. See this post for instructions on how to subscribe and leave a rating/review. Thank you!