Podcast: Listen below or Download (55 min, 53mb)
Are you listening to your body or at war with it?
Many (if not most) people have an abundance of judgments about their body. With chronic illness, you may notice even more judgments about yourself and your body that contribute to dis-ease and disharmony. When immersed in judgment it can feel impossible to emerge, but when you get out of conclusion and into question, you can create a relationship with your body based on harmony, joy, and ease.
In this episode, Blossom Benedict shares how to create communion with your body and shift out of diagnoses and judgments. We discuss the specific questions to ask and concrete tools so you can learn to listen to your body and collaborate with it instead of managing or controlling it. In using these questions and tools, you increase your awareness of what’s true for you and your body.
What Blossom and I talk about
- How Blossom’s struggles with her body led her to seek greater consciousness
- What symptoms in the body actually might be
- How to notice conclusions about your body and begin to build success in listening to it
- Key questions to begin asking your body (and how to know when your question is not a question)
- What to ask to find out whether what’s going on in your body is even yours
- Whether your body is in your being or your being is in your body
- Ways to begin to hear what your body is communicating
- How to undo conclusions about the effect of food on the body
- How to tell what is true for you and what is not true for you
- A tool to use to begin to loosen judgments of the body (and anything else)
- Gaining awareness of how an illness might be a contribution to your life
- The relationship between gratitude and judgment
“There’s a real kindness and gentleness to me with these tools of actually being in allowance of wherever you’re at, however sick you are, whatever choices you’re making right wrong good bad—being in allowance of who you are and from there you can shift things.”
“You can’t change anything from judgment.”
Blossom Benedict is an international speaker, writer and transformational coach who has touched thousands of lives with the dynamic tools of Access Consciousness®. In 2006, after battling a wide range of health problems, Blossom stumbled upon Access Consciousness®, which not only transformed her health but also gave her a whole new set of tools for being present on stage, creating money and abundance, changing patterns in relationships and a whole lot more. Today Blossom is the global project director for Access Consciousness and lead facilitator for the onstage workshop Right Voice For You®. A radio show host, empowering facilitator, and accomplished performer—Blossom uses a unique combination of skills to get people out of their stories and into creating their life!
Find Blossom Online
An article on Blossom’s website: Ending The War With Your Body
Another awesome google hangout from Dr. Dain Heer, co-creator of Access Consciousness®, on the body.
Access Consciousness® website*
Access Consciousness® Shop* (books, cd/dvds, online classes)*Transparency Tip: These links are affiliate links.
Did you like this episode?
If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the podcast through iTunes, and consider leaving a rating and review! Reviews and subscriptions help boost the standing of the podcast in iTunes, which helps others who might benefit from the information to find it and join the adventure. See this post for instructions on how to subscribe and leave a rating/review. Thank you!