Simla Somturk shares with us her experience of health breakdown and ultimately health breakthrough. Eventually diagnosed with multiple autoimmune disorders and related conditions, Simla refused to accept the conventional medical approach and set herself on the path to healing.
Fully recovered now, after being unable to stand for more than 10 minutes at a time and sleeping up to 20 hours a day, Simla has begun to use her experience and knowledge to help others with autoimmune disorders.
What Simla and I talk about
- Simla’s story of becoming ill, getting misdiagnosed and finally properly diagnosed, and her path of healing
- Why Simla feels that her experience was a blessing
- How Simla went deep inside to hear what was right for her on her healing path
- Why Simla refused to take pain-killers or anti-depressants
- The importance of what to focus attention on while in health crisis
- The general steps Simla took on her healing journey
- How to handle the ups and downs of the healing path
- Why some people are not ready to heal
- Why balancing blood sugar is so important and tips to balance it
- Why food is critical to healing
- Ways to eat that support your body to do its job properly
“Welcome to the best worst experience of your life.”
“Something deep deep inside me, in that place where there was still a little bit of light left, said there has to be another way.”
“This is where you begin…. It’s a powerful place to be, so when the situation is tugging at you from both directions, the dark side and the light side, do your best to always look at it from the light side, and look for the power, and look for that next person, next conversation, next step, always look for that.”
Simla is a holistic health coach and certified nutrition consultant whose passion is transforming Busy Bodies into Healthy Balanced Beings so that they can enjoy deliciously fulfilling lives. She works with entrepreneurs, busy professionals and autoimmune clients internationally, combining the latest scientific research with traditional approaches to help them optimize their health.
Simla’s professional training and affiliations include Bauman College, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, the National Association of Nutrition Professionals, and the Institute for Functional Medicine. Her specialties include chronic fatigue, allergies, autoimmune conditions, metabolic and hormonal imbalances, and the intersection of multiple chronic conditions.
Find Simla Online
Simla’s Gift for the AI Adventures Club
An entire module of handouts—the same one Simla shares with clients—on immune health, that give detailed guidelines, sample menus, and recipes to start using immediately.
If you would like to receive this gift, sign up for the free AI Adventures Club by entering your email address on the form on the top right of the page, or by clicking here!
Did you like this episode?
If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the podcast through iTunes, and consider leaving a rating and review! Reviews and subscriptions help boost the standing of the podcast in iTunes, which helps others who might benefit from the information to find it and join the adventure! See this post for instructions on how to subscribe and leave a rating/review.